Friday, September 25, 2009

Thank You - Artists and Teachers

Focus with me for a few minutes on the goodness in our “passions and desires.” When I was a newer Christian I seem to remember hearing sermons about dying out to our passions and desires. If it wasn’t preached that way, then at least that’s the way I heard it and thought it. It was somehow planted in my mind that I should give up passions and desires in order to be a good Christian. Now I realize that those thoughts were tweaked in a form of spiritual pride attached to wanting to be good and please God. I would like to thank all you artists and teachers out there in my Facebook land who fight to keep your passions alive by mentioning just a few of you; Kay, Marlene, Dale, Susan, Laura C. Kay, I love the way you put words and color together and put them before us in meaningful and inspirational , creative ways. Marlene; thanks for the beauty you create with your hands that we can touch with our own hands. Dale; thanks for capturing the beauty of the Northwest and allowing us to see what flows through you to the paper. Susan; thanks for sharing your passion and desires with young ones, inspiring many to follow big dreams. Laura Coffman; thanks for capturing expressions and personalities of many and bringing them to us to enjoy with you. Thank you for helping me to keep my own passions and desires alive. Keep your passions and desire burning brightly for us all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment